If you have been subject to a driving ban and more than one year has elapsed since the date of the judgment or decision imposing the driving ban, to get back your driver’s license, you need to prove professional competence in addition to medical and mental fitness:
- Professional competence can be proven by taking a competence exam
- Medical fitness can be proven via the form declaring medical fitness
- Mental fitness can be proven by undergoing an examination by an accredited traffic psychologist (we’ll be happy to facilitate this for you)
What do you need to bring to the driving school?
- court judgment or decision of an administrative body on prohibition to drive motor vehicles
- in the event of a pardon of the rest of the punishment the relevant decision or resolution
- extract from a driver’s record (“Výpis z karty řidiče”) – you obtain at “Městský úřad” or “Magistrát”
- application for the driving school
- health fitness report
When can you undertake the reexamination?
You can take practice rides and examinations only after your ban on activities has ended. If you have been forgiven for the rest of the ban after half the sentence, you can only start after the relevant decision has become final. Otherwise, you may be committing an infringement!
What is the extent of reexamination?
It is very similar to a final driving exam:
- test on traffic regulations and first aid
- vehicle control and maintenance (only for groups C, CE, D, and DE)
- practical driving exam (with a vehicle for each group you’re requesting)
We’ll let you know all of the details once you visit our driving school.
Do you have to undergo training rides?
The law does not prescribe this, so the examination itself is enough. Due to the complexity of the test, we recommend at least one practice run for each group so that you are sufficiently prepared for the pitfalls of the exam. Every driver has some bad habits that need to be eliminated for the purpose of the exam.
How many times can you repeat the exam?
If you have failed any part of the exam, you will repeat only that part of the exam. You can only retake the exam twice. If you do not pass on the second retake, you must take new instruction or training in that subject as well.
You may take the retake no sooner than 5 working days after the date of the failed exam. All exams must be passed within 12 months of the date of the first exam, otherwise you must complete the new tuition and training in its entirety before taking the next exam.
What documents do you have to submit with the application for the return of the driving license?
- proof of professional competence - examination results from the driving school
- proof of medical fitness
- results of the psychological evaluation (we’ll facilitate the evaluation for you)
- a decision to waive the remainder of the sentence, if issued
Re-examination for a return of a driving license
The price list is valid as of 1. 4. 2022. All prices include complete instruction and training as specified by the law as well as the 21% VAT.
Prices for driving courses include the costs of the final exam. The administrative fee in the amount of 700 CZK that must be paid to the Municipal Authority and the fee for translating the exam is not included. All teaching and training lessons have 45 minutes, as stipulated by the law.
You can pay cash, via a bank transfer, or with a credit card.