The group B driver’s license is a must. It makes your life much easier and also opens doors to many professions and job positions. In our driving school, we not only prepare you for your exams but, more importantly, teach you how to drive safely in the somewhat crazy Prague traffic.
What you’ll be allowed to drive
1. Cars and vans with a maximum permissible weight of up to 3 500 kg, with a maximum of 8 seats in addition to the driver's seat.
You can attach a trailer to them:
- with a maximum authorized weight not exceeding 750 kg
- with a maximum authorized weight exceeding 750 kg, provided that the maximum authorized weight of this combination does not exceed 3 500 kg
2. vehicles in the A1 group with automatic transmission (scooters)
3. vehicles in the B1 group
If you take an additional exam, you can also drive a car with a larger trailer (so-called group B96), where the trailer can be heavier than 750 kg, but the trailer together with the car can have a maximum weight of 4,250 kg.
You can also obtain group B96 together with group B. We will be happy to provide you with details.
What you’ll be driving in our school
|VW Golf 1,2 TSI DSG (automatic transmission)||Škoda Fabia 1,2 TSI|
|Škoda Yeti 2.0 TDI 4x4 + Agados VZ27 trailer |
(for extending the B group to „B96“)
|Toyota Corolla 1.8 HSD (hybrid drive)|
Conditions for getting the driver’s license
- minimum age of 18 years
- valid medical fitness confirmation
- successfully passing the final exam
- permanent or temporary residency in the Czech Republic or studying in the Czech Republic for at least 6 months
- not being under a sanction or penalty of prohibition to drive
- not a holder of a driver’s license from another EU country
How to apply for training
Download the application and medical form and fill them out. You’ll need to visit your general practitioner with the medical form. After that, deliver both of the forms to our driving school. There we’ll plan your training together.
There’s no need to bring cash to the driving school, we’ll email you the payment instructions.
What will your training look like
- 5 lessons: vehicle operation regulations
- 1 lesson: vehicle driving and maintenance
- 3 lessons: driving theory and principles of safe driving
- 1 lesson: first-aid preparation
- 1 lesson: revisions and tests
28 lessons: vehicle driving training
2 lessons: hands-on maintenance training
4 lessons: practical first-aid training
The date of your exam typically directly follows after finishing your training. All formalities connected to it will be taken care of by us, so you don’t have to worry.
The exam is conducted by an examiner of Prague’s Magistrate and consists of 2 parts:
- a written test on driving regulations and first-aid (30 minutes)
- a practical driving exam
You can only take the practical driving exam after you’ve passed the written test. If you don’t pass the test, you’ll have to repeat the entire exam.
Additional driving lessons
Comfortable training (with pick up)
The price list is valid as of 15. 9. 2021. All prices include complete instruction and training as specified by the law as well as the 21% VAT.
Prices for driving courses include the costs of the final exam. The administrative fee in the amount of 700 CZK that must be paid to the Municipal Authority and the fee for translating the exam is not included. All teaching and training lessons have 45 minutes, as stipulated by the law.
You can pay cash, via a bank transfer, or with a credit card.