Test in Riding a Motorcycle
Test in practical drive on a motorcycle
The test in the practical drive comprises of two parts. The first part will probably take place outside a road on the so called “testing area”. The second part of the exam will take place in the traffic on roads so that the applicant will ride on a motorcycle alone and the examination commissioner will ride on an accompanying motorcycle or in an accompanying car with a driving school teacher.
Requirements for the test in practical drive:
1st part of the test
1. Preparation and technical check of the motorcycle
a) adjusting a protective gear
b) a random check of a technical condition
2. Special maneuvers
a) actions before a ride
take a motorcycle from a center stand, lead it without use of an engine forward and backward turning it left or right, park it into a limited space and put the motorcycle onto a center stand; if the motorcycle is manufactured with only a side stand – use the side stand,
b) make a slow ride including:
- following an examination commissioner at a walking speed forward,
- safe turning by 180° by passing through a bend of a “U” shape,
- riding on a lane of an “eight” shape
- repeated setting into motion with one feet on a footrest and subsequent move of the second feet onto a footrest, and stopping with a support of one or two feet to keep stability of the motorcycle,
c) make a ride at a higher speed including
- slalom at a speed of at least 40 km/h
- avoiding an obstacle at a speed of at least 50 km/h (in the case of the AM group of vehicles at a speed of 45 km/h),
d) carry out
- braking with a prescribed precision within a determined section from the speed of at least 50 km/h,
- emergency braking within a determined distance from the speed of at least 50 km/h (in the case of the AM group of vehicles from the speed of 45 km/h).
Graphic depiction of the maneuvers required for the first part of the test may be downloaded here:
2nd part of the test – acting in the traffic
A. Decree no. 167/2002 Coll.
a) setting into motion: after parking, after stopping in traffic; when leaving an access road;
b) riding on straight roads; passing oncoming vehicles, sections with limited space included;
c) riding through bends;
d) intersections: approach to an intersection and driving through intersections and highway junctions;
e) change of directions: turning left and right; changing between driving lanes;
f) arrival to a highway /exit from a highway or similar communication (if available); merging into a lane with faster going vehicles; merging into a lane with slower vehicles;
g) overtaking/passing: overtaking of other vehicles (if possible); riding along obstacles, for instance parked vehicles;
h) special road elements (if available): roundabouts; railway crossings; tram and bus stops; pedestrian crossings; riding up and down a steep hill;
i) Performance of necessary safety measures when leaving a vehicle.
B. Section 42 of Act no. 247/2000 Coll.
(3) In the second part of the test an applicant for the authorization to drive demonstrates its capability to ride, including, without limitation
a) in a safe manner with a different intensity of traffic on roads,
b) on different types of roads,
c) at an intersection, where the traffic is directed by traffic lights,
d) in the section of the road used by public transport vehicles and where there are many pedestrians who cross the road on pedestrian crossings,
e) riding a motorcycle outside a municipality, and in the case of large cities, at least on a road with more than one driving lanes, where the maximum permitted speed exceeds 50 km/h,
f) and steer a motorcycle at higher speeds and during various situations requiring maneuvers,
g) and make fast and safe decisions in a traffic situation while riding a motorcycle,
h) and respond correctly to actual traffic situations.