Motorcycles - training
MOTOCYCLES 2016 – teaching and training
Training will be carried out under the conditions stipulated in Act no. 247/2000 Coll. in three stages.
Technically the following manners of training of riding will be combined:
- Regular manner of training: a teacher is sitting behind the applicant on the second seat of the motorcycle
- Riding with an attending vehicle: an applicant rides the motorcycle alone and a teacher accompanies him on a motorcycle or in a car
- Preparation for special maneuvers: an applicant trains special maneuvers on a motorcycle alone, which special maneuvers are usually tested within the first part of the tests on the testing area
Preparation for “special maneuvers”
Preparation for special maneuvers under Annex no. 7 of the Decree will be carried out at a special plot of land outside road traffic.
Individual ride with an attendant vehicle
Individual ride on a motorcycle with attendance of a teacher will be carried out following fulfillment of these conditions:
- an applicant has passed an internal test in rules of traffic on roads and health-care preparation at a driving school
- an applicant completed education and training under the curriculum in such extent, that he is capable of handling the motorcycle and applies the rules for traffic on roads in practice correctly
- an applicant is capable to handle special maneuvers well enough for the 1st part of an exam under Annex no. 7 of the Degree no. 167/2002 Coll.
The reason for requirement to fulfill the above stated conditions before an individual ride of an applicant in traffic is a legal protection of both the applicant and the driving-school teacher and testing the fulfillment of the below given conditions for participation in traffic on roads.
Act no. 361/2000 Coll., on Road Traffic governs the basic conditions of participation of a driver in road traffic thus:
Section 2 – Basic definitions
d) A driver is a road user driving a motor vehicle or a non-motor vehicle or a tram; a rider on an animal is also considered a driver.
Within the meaning of the Act an applicant for the authorization to drive, who drives a training vehicle is also considered a driver.
Section 3 – Basic conditions of participation in the traffic on roads
(2) Only a person who has sufficient physical and mental capability to drive a vehicle or ride an animal, and who handles driving of a vehicle or riding on an animal, and knows the rules of road traffic in a necessary extent may drive a vehicle or ride an animal.
3) Only such person may drive a vehicle, who:
b) is an applicant for an authorization to drive and who trains to drive under a supervision of a teacher of a driving school4) or who is taking an exam in driving a motor vehicle, or
c) who prepares for re-examination in professional qualification to drive motor vehicles or takes an exam within the framework of such re-examination4a) under a supervision of a teacher4) of a driving school.
Section 10 - Obligations of a Vehicle Operator
(1) A vehicle operator must not
b) entrust driving of a vehicle to a person who does not meet the conditions of Section 3(2).
c) entrust driving of a motor vehicle to a person who does not meet the conditions of Section 3(3).